1. Articulate some of the facilitators and barriers in implementing EBP guidelines.
2. Understand that the implementation of EBP guidelines takes a well-organized effort.
2. Acknowledge that the implementation of EBP guidelines requires a supportive workplace environment.
4. Recognize that there are critical elements in the execution of successful EBP guideline implementation. Description:
This presentation will highlight the efforts of one organization by the Enterostomal Therapy Nurse Department and members of the Nursing Education Department to implement EBP guidelines related to pressure ulcer risk assessment and prevention, assessment and management (RNAO, 2005). Facilitators and barriers to successful implementation of EBP will be discussed. This presentation will address (one for each objective):
1. Potential obstacles to the implementation of EBP guidelines.
2. The organizational effort required in the process of implementing EBP guidelines.
3. The workplace environment needed for successful EBP guideline implementation.
4. The critical elements in the execution successful EBP guideline implementation. Practical Applications
Learners will be able to identify the challenges involved in initiating and sustaining implementation of Evidence Based Practice guidelines. The information will assist in recognizing the critical elements needed for a well thought out plan, which will aid in the development and implementation of EBP guidelines. Conclusions:
Implementation of EBP guidelines can be challenging and necessitates a
well-executed plan in order to be carried out effectively and achieve success.